Quotes are empowering!
I recently had a conversation with someone who told me that they have compiled a Word document full of quotes they have found useful and empowering. When they told me I was sitting their thinking to myself, ‘What a great idea!’. Previously I have had a lot of quotes I remembered and quoted to myself and others on various circumstances, but I had never compiled them into a document that I could use to motivate myself during those times when things slump before.
Quotes are powerful things. They inspire us, remind us that others have faced similar situations, that what may seem impossible can be achieved.
I know there are a lot of quotes I reflect on when I am facing various circumstances or find myself thinking certain things. Here is just a handful of quotes I like and refer to regularly:
- “Our lives should not be diametrically opposed to, but rather better than that of the mob” Seneca
- “It doesn’t matter how many people don’t get it. What matters is how many people do. If you have a strong informed opinion, don’t keep it to yourself. try and help people and make the world a better place. If you strive to do anything remotely interesting, just expect a small percentage of the population to take it personally. F*** ’em. There are no statues erected to critics” Tim Ferriss
- “Success comes from doing things differently” Steve McKnight
- “If you reach for the stars, you might not quite get one, but you won’t end up with a handful of mud, either” Leo Burnett
- “If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31
Today is the day to start building yourself a list of empowering quotes. You don’t have to have hundreds, just start with one or two. Add more as you find them or feel inclined. When you are feeling you need some help to get out of a motivational slump, look back on these quotes to help empower yourself.
- Start compiling a page of quotes that mean something to you.
- Reflect and review these quotes on a regular basis.
- When things seem down, remember that others before you have faced similar circumstances… and overcome them. Use their quotes to empower you forward to reach your potential.